LISTEN HERE...

LISTEN HERE...

Friday, August 9, 2013

Nothing But Holy

I want to be nothing but holy, pure and lovely just like Jesus.

Make me to be everything beautiful.  Just like my Savior, like my Lord.

For He is the one who is worthy of all praises.  And He is the one I aspire to please.



The lyrics to this song are short and sweet.  They were (and still are) the cry of my heart late one afternoon as I was washing dishes and crying because I was SO angry about a certain situation.  Crazy that such a beautiful prayer and confession could come from such ugly circumstances.  As I stood there madly washing the dishes and replaying the injustice of the situation over and over in my head I was left with a choice.  The bottom line was that I was not going to be able to demand justice.  I was not going to be able to force the person who was wrong to do what was right.  All I could do was manage my own reaction.  God showed me that I was only responsible for myself and my own reactions.  And then the answer came....in a song...with a simple cry for holiness.  As the words flowed past my lips and the melody hung in the air the release I was longing for came with my submission to the will of God.  "It is mine to avenge".  That's what God says.  "Be holy as I am holy". 

No comments: