LISTEN HERE...

LISTEN HERE...

Friday, November 15, 2013

One Lord

"I could never do what you do..."

I've heard this so many times I have lost count. In general when someone says this to me it is in reference to their assumption that I have been blessed with a better gift because I am able to get on a stage to sing and speak. But this a wrong assumption.

It isn't a matter of having a better gifting or calling from God. God has equipped each and every one of His children with a set of gifts and callings that are perfectly tailored to the person He ordains for any given ministry.

It is important to remember that HE is the worth of every gift and ministry, not the person who carries it out.  To God be the glory!  There are many gifts, many callings but One Lord.

1 Corinthians 12:4-6
"Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. There are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons."

No comments: