LISTEN HERE...

LISTEN HERE...

Friday, January 31, 2014

Not to Fear But to Trust

Ok, so I'm running on fumes. Let me tell you why.

It isn't that I've got a million (well, ok nine) mouths to feed. And it isn't the amount of work there is in running a house occupied by nine.

I awoke several times last night and each time my heart was crying out to Jesus for my children. I so desperately want them to know The Lord and His mercy that I think about their faith even while I sleep. I dream about it and hope for it even when my mind is supposed to be resting. So at 4:30 this morning I was up and slicing tomatoes as I prayed, because I couldn't get back to sleep.

Every day I have to commit my children to The Lord. It is a discipline of my heart not to fear, but to trust in the One who loves them even more than I love them. He is not willing that any should perish but that all would come to repentance. So I wait. And I trust. And I do my best to do more than the little "heart checks" that flit by through out the day.

These little "heart checks" are good, but they are just not enough. They do not take the place of teaching them to fear The Lord. They do not take the place of praying with them, teaching them Truth, correcting them or shepherding their little hearts through life or into a deeper understanding of God's word. For all these things I look to Jesus. When I awake in the night, my heart is asking Him for these kinds of moments. And I also pray that He will cause their hearts to be soft and receptive to His leading and guiding.

Deuteronomy 6:7 "Teach them (God's laws) to your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up."

No comments: