LISTEN HERE...

LISTEN HERE...

Friday, December 27, 2013

Embracing Accusation


Embracing Accusation (by Shane and Shane)

It is one of my favorite songs. It speaks of Satan singing a song of guilt and accusation over us. And the conclusion; Satan's right. But Satan has forgotten the refrain...JESUS SAVES!

When we are exposed as being sinful and caught in sin, when we know we are guilty and deserving of our guilt, we must NEVER deny it or down play or try to make it seem less of an offense. The only things we can do is own and confess our sin and Jesus will be faithful and just to forgive us of our sin and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. But to the one who embraces the grace and mercy of God without embracing his guilt, you are missing a crucial step in God's plan of forgiveness.

Numbers 32:23b "... you may be sure that your sin will find you out."
Genesis 4:7b "But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it."
Isaiah 59:12 "For our offenses are many in your sight, and our sins testify against us. Our offenses are ever with us, and we acknowledge our iniquities"
Job 34:22 "There is no deep shadow, no utter darkness, where evildoers can hide."
Psalm 139:11-12 "If I say, 'Surely the darkness will hide me, And the light around me will be as night,' Even the darkness is not dark to You, And the night is as bright as the day. Darkness and light are alike to You."

The remedy;

Psalm 32:1"Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered."
1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Psalm 32:5 "Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, 'I will confess my transgressions to the LORD.' And you forgave the guilt of my sin."

What a joyful hope we have when we come to Jesus on HIS terms and receive His mercy!

Have a very blessed day!

No comments: