LISTEN HERE...

LISTEN HERE...

Friday, July 25, 2014

Set Your Minds On Things Above

1 Peter 2:11 "Dear friends, I urge you, as foreigners and exiles, to abstain from sinful desires, which wage war against your soul."

"Oh, here she goes again! Why does she talk about sin and holiness so much? "

I know. If I look back over my posts through the years I wouldn't be surprised to find that I speak of proper judgment between brothers and sisters in The Lord and sin and holiness often. And some may grow weary of the subjects.

So if I know this, that people don't want to be reminded of sin and hell and judgment, why do I keep bringing it up anyway???? I bring it up because I'm not the type to leave a fellow soldier alone in the battle field. I won't leave you behind to fight the enemy alone.

The verse above talks about abstaining from sinful desires because they "wage war against your soul"!!! I know I wouldn't want others to turn a blind eye to my battles, leaving me to fend for myself. I'm a private person but that doesn't mean I want to die for my privacy!

Folks, we are in a serious battle! The battle is for our souls. There is no room for false notions of decorum. We don't have to relegate edification to the pulpit. We can edify each other daily through encouraging words and even warnings. It's by the fear of The Lord that a man will depart from evil.

So I speak. I talk about that big white elephant. And I hope you see my love in it. And I hope you love me just the same. :)

So my encouragement to you today is to "set your minds on things above, not on earthly things" Col. 3:2 "For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God." Col. 3:3

Have a blessed day! And may your battles to overcome sin be won through obedience and the grace of our Lord!

No comments: