LISTEN HERE...

LISTEN HERE...

Friday, August 9, 2013

On My Own


I'm running to you Lord.  This burden is to great to bear on my own.  I'm scared of what I've seen, a wickedness in me that I can't overcome on my own, not alone. 
   
Lord I don't have the strength.  And I don't have the will to overcome my secret shame.  And I don't understand  why I keep returning to what causes me such pain.  And so I run to You, the Author of my faith.  And I will wait upon You for the strength to carry on.

Remind me once again, renew in me the love that I first had for You.  Release me from my fear.  Release me from the shame that I can't overcome on my own, not alone.
   
Lord I don't have the strength.  And I don't have the will to overcome my secret shame.  And I don't understand why I keep returning to what causes me such pain.  And so I run to You, the Author of my faith.  And I will wait upon You for the strength to carry on.


Writing this song was nothing more than a confession to God.  When faced with the reality of my wickedness and my inability to conquer the desire that was threatening to consume me I became afraid.  I became aware of the fact that even the desire to want  to resist seemed far from me.  Standing on the edge, faced with a choice...the wisdom was clear but my will  to choose rightly was compromised.  I knew I couldn't do it.  I knew if left to myself I was going to fall...to fail.  I was grieved and cut to the heart by my betrayal of the Lover of my soul.  After all that He had done for me, after all that He had born for me, still I didn't even trust myself to make a choice that would honor Him.  It was then that I cried out to Him to give me the strength and the will to follow Him.  And once again He reached down and saved me from myself and from the clutches of wickedness. 

No comments: