LISTEN HERE...

LISTEN HERE...

Friday, February 21, 2014

Create In Me a Pure Heart

Psalm 51:10-12 "Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me."

I can relate to the psalmist when he prayed this prayer. There are times when I know I don't even have the will to desire what I know I should. I just want what I want and I know it isn't right. But this is when I get down low and pray fervently.

I ask Him to create in me a clean heart and renew a RIGHT spirit within me because I know that often I don't desire what is right. I ask that He not remove His spirit from me nor cast me away from His presence, knowing that I fully deserve these things to happen. I also ask Him to restore in me a new joy for my salvation and I ask that He would give me a willing spirit to seek and do His will.

You see, I ask for these things because I know that within myself I don't even desire them without His intervention, and I really do not want to have my will be done, no matter how tempted I am, because my way is foolish and flawed and devoid of wisdom. I know that His way is best, even when I feel like choosing MY way.

If you are struggling today to do what is right, consider this prayer of the psalmist, and let it be your own.

No comments: